This meeting will be in person in London, and consists of three segments:
- 10.00-16.00, Board Meeting
- 17.00-19.00, board interest meeting
- 19.00 onwards, meal and informal discussion
Board Meeting[edit | edit source]
Agenda for Board meeting on 5 February 2011, 10:00-16:00
- A: Minutes and Reports (10.00-12.30)
- A1: (10:15) AT - Apologies for absence
- A2: (10:16) MP - Approval of Minutes 4Jan11
- A3: (10:20) MP - Review email decisions
- A4: (10:21) Actions and reports
- A5. (11:40) AT/All - Use of email by the chapter
- A6. (12:10) AT - In camera discussion
- B: Decisions and discussions needed (13.00-16.00)
- B1 (13:00) 2011 Budget
- B2 (13:30) 2011 Budget/Controls
- B3 (13:40) Job Descriptions:
- B31 (13:40) "Chapter Manager"
- B32 (14:00) "Events Manager"
- B33 (14:30) "Developer"
- B34 (14:50) "Office Manager"
- B4 (15:10) Recruitment approach & timetable
- B5 (15:30) Next three years
- C: AOB (16.00)
Board interest meeting[edit | edit source]
The next Board elections will be taking place at the Annual Conference 2011 in April. The current Wikimedia UK board is eager to share its experiences from the last year with those interested in standing for the Board in the coming year. This 2 hour, informal meeting is aimed at discussing those experiences, and answering the questions and concerns of those thinking about standing.
- Andrew Turvey - welcome, challenges for next year (<5 mins)
- Joseph Seddon - board changes (2 yr terms, expert board seats, EDC) (15mins)
- Mike Peel - what it's like for me being a board member (GLAM-WIKI, time commitment etc) (20mins)
- Gemma Griffiths - 10th anniversary press coverage plus general pr strategy (20mins)
- Sebastian Moleski - chapter strategic planning (15mins)
- Andrew Turvey - legal stuff - trustees' & directors' duties, qualifications etc. (10mins)