Celtic Knot Conference 2018/Submissions/Wikipedia and Indigenous languages in Colombia: Challengues
This is an Open submission that has not yet been reviewed.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia and Indigenous languages in Colombia: Challengues
- Type of submission (Lightening talk, panel, tutorial/workshop, Presentation)
- Lightening talk
- Author of the submission
- Juan Sebastian Quintero Santacruz (User:Sahaquiel9102)
- Language of presentation
- Spanish or Esperanto. English is also an option.
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedians of Colombia User Group & Esperanto and Free Knowledge User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- During the last years Wikimedians of Colombia has participated in several meetings with digital activists in indigenous languages. This has allowed us to draw conclusions about the challenges to bring free knowledge via Wikipedias in those communities.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will learn about our project in Colombia and, e.g, the challenges we have right now to bring free knowledge in a post-conflict time to indigenous communities (traditionally closed because of the war).
- Theme of session
- WikiCulture & Community
- Will you attend Celtic Knot if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).