2014 Activity Plan/Staff
- Lead member of staff
- Budget amount
- Description and overall rationale
WMUK does not foresee any increases in staffing in the next financial year. We aim to remain at our current level of 9 FTE including one person, our Wales Manager, on a 12 month contract and one person sponsored by the Foundation working on Wikimania liaison.
All staff resources are assigned to programme work in a quarterly exercise to determine the monetary value of staffing allocated to our seven programme areas.
We are awarding staff a 3% salary increase to reflect the UK’s cost of living increases. There will also be a further £3,000 to be used as needed to reflect changes in staff duties. The staff organogram can be seen here.
Staff training supports activities to train our staff to best fulfil their roles and support their professional development. This may include (but is not limited to) such activities as CiviCRM training; media relations training; etc.
Staff travel is intended to cover travel to events which do not fall under other budgets. For example, staff travel to required attendance at a GLAM event, or a board meeting, would come under those budgets, rather than this one. This could be, for instance
- Attendance of the Chief Executive at the annual Chapters meeting
- Visits for (2) staff members to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Visits for (2) staff members to Wikimedia chapter offices
- Timelines - i.e. what happens quarter by quarter
N/a - throughout the year. Staff training and travel as needs are identified.
- Success criteria and Metrics - overall and quarter by quarter breakdown if relevant
This is an operational area of our work, which aim is to support other core services of the chapter. It does not directly refer to the strategic goals.
Operationally, we want to make sure that the following things take place:
- All staff receive one to one meetings with their manager at least every six weeks and an annual review (gdoc)
- We aim to ensure staff continue their personal development through regular recorded training (on training sheets)
- We aim for all staff to take their annual leave within the year that leave is earned (on leave sheets)
- Employment law compliance issues
- Poor staff performance
- High/unplanned turnover of staff