Celtic Knot Conference 2018/Submissions/Translating TemplateData
This is an Open submission that has not yet been reviewed.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (Tutorial/Workshop)
- Translating TemplateData - how to internationalise VisualEditor on your wiki
- Author of the submission
- Marielle Volz
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- U.S. citizen but living in U.K.
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- TemplateData is structured data on Template documentation pages that Visual Editor uses to label and describe template fields. However, many of these templates have been imported from English wiki and therefore are English language. For example, the citation templates currently being used in Welsh Wikipedia are all in English, as shown here:
This is a common issue on smaller language wikis. The goal of this session will be to translate the citation templates on cy wiki to Welsh and also leave participants with the ability to translate template data of other templates in the future, whether that's on cy wiki or in their own language.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Ability to translate Template Data.
- Theme of session
- Will you attend Celtic Knot if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes but will probably run it as an unconference session?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Only attending on Friday
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Draft
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).