2014 Activity Plan/Membership
- Lead member of staff
- Indicative budget amount
- Description and overall rationale
The aim of this strand of work is to support the membership of the chapter, making sure that the variety of opinions contributed within the membership improves the democratic framework of the charity (e.g. during voting at the AGM). We would aim for the membership to be more representative of the UK readership. This area of activity looks at the governance aspects of our work, rather than growing the community of volunteers.
- Timelines - i.e. what happens quarter by quarter
- N/a - throughout the year.
- Key events associated with membership are Wikimania and AGM, both in Q3, August.
- Success criteria and Metrics - overall and quarter by quarter breakdown if relevant
We have effective and high quality governance and resource management processes, and are recognised for such within the Wikimedia movement and the UK charity sector:
- Work on implementing governance review recommendations concerning membership (Governance Review/Implementation)
Operationally, we want to make sure that the following things take place:
- All new members to receive a welcome within one working day (CiviCRM)
- A sustained continuing growth in membership is achieved quarter by quarter.
- There is a renewal rate of over 80%.
- Entryism of charity membership (countermeasure taking legal advice on how to approve membership applications)
- Membership lists hacked
- Lack of diversity within membership causes lack of variety of opinion e.g. during the AGM